RSS Feed for this Blog

Friday, March 30, 2007

No Dubai Races On TVG

- Thanks to the anonymous poster for bringing us the bad news that TVG is in fact NOT carrying the Dubai races on Saturday morning. And that's a fact which I confirmed by phone myself. I've been writing that they were to be televised based on past years. But I suppose I should have considered the fact that Churchill, which controls the signal, has terminated their relationship with TVG.

So it looks like delayed tape for me, as well as for anyone else in the NYC area with Direct TV. Don't tell me who won, please...

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the big problems in this whole TV/signal fiasco is the cable companies. HRTV getting all these tracks and signals is great except for the consumer who can't get HRTV and only gets TVG. I'm hoping that with their investment in HRTV, that Churchill will push hard to get the channel on more cable systems so that people can actually watch.

I'm not a fan of TVG, but, unfortunately, they are all I get at the moment...which means I'm not getting much.

Anonymous said...

why can't you folks get ubet, they stream them all?

Anonymous said...

I can get Youbet, but in my opinion, the picture and audio quality just isn't there yet, even with a fast connection (at least on my computer). I'll probably watch via my laptop, but it somewhat defeats the purpose of having a nice TV if I have to watch races on a computer screen.