RSS Feed for this Blog

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

You're Welcome

- A commenter under the name Delaware North Companies writes:

The rumor and comments you have written about related to Delaware North's financing is absolutely false. Delaware North Companies is working diligently on completing the MOU and everything is going as planned. We would appreciate it if you would relay our message on your blog.

Thank you.
Not to be cynical or anything...and again, as I said, the rumors referred to are purely speculation (though certainly understandable given the incessant delays over the years), but the comment is essentially anonymous as far as I'm concerned. Anyone can leave a comment under that name - it could be Patricia Lynch or Darren Dopp for all I know. So if you're reading over there at Del North, we'd love to hear more about what's going on, what the issues are, and when you think the project will finally be underway.

Thank you !

- My pick at Aqueduct just plain sucked today, though not as badly I guess as Ravel, 6th at even money for the Toddster; nor the Levine entry which ran 6th and 7th at 3-5. Anthony Dutrow wins the finale, and I'd keep an eye out for him as mentioned before.

- Pull the Pocket jumps on the Maylan Studart merry-go-round; Saratogaspa brings my head down; and Handride explores what it really means to get down on a horse. (Actually not an original concept...though I hope it works out better for Leeroy.)

- Completely off topic: On this site, you can see some of the actual ballots that are being contested by one side or another in the Minnesota Senate race (and there are reports today that Democrat Al Franken has finally pulled ahead). Pretty fascinating stuff. For the most part, it seems pretty damn clear to me who the voter intended to select. But this voter (pdf document) has a special place in my heart! (It was the 4th quarter of the Jets game that made me want to hold my daughter this past weekend....though being that she's 19, I suppose it may have been inappropriate.)

If I find any ballots which have Curlin written in, I'll let you know.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan,
Come to think of it, when's the last time anyone's heard from the DelNorth president, William Bissett?
You'd think if all were moving smoothly, Bissett would have been touting the progress publicly.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last poster. I would even add Charlie Hayward and Steve Duncker to the list of "when's the last time you heard about the Aqueduct VLT project?" Something just doesn't smell right? The MOU should be in the Assembly and Senate, and cranes and shovels encompasing Aqueduct if all is really well. I hope the alleged Del North representative poster comes back with some evidence that racing will get its VLT Sugar Daddy soon enough.

Patrick J Patten said...

Thanks for the link, though I don't know if it's going down on a horse if you need a stool?

Superfecta said...

I'm still partial to the 'Lizard People' write-in/cross out - who knew David Icke was allowed to vote in MN?

Anonymous said...

completely off topic it was Al Franken's lawyer who said he's ahead "by their methodology." The update says Colman gained another 600 votes.
Al Franken should just pack it in and go back away.
Both sides cheat, but Franken threatening to throw the election to the senate if he doesn't win the vote is a great example of what is wrong with politics.
Obama would be better off with Coleman in the Senate.
We don't need another clown who says he's qualified because he was a clown before he ran for senate.
I don't know which is worse: your handicapping or your politics?

Alan Mann said...

>>I don't know which is worse: your handicapping or your politics?

Ouch! :-|

SaratogaSpa said...

Thanks for the link-Love the pun!

Speaking of heads, it was a democrat, President John F. Kennedy who said: "If I don't have a woman every three days or so I get a terrible headache."

Anonymous said...

Alan, I feel the need to defend you against that shot fired by Anonymous-your politics don't suck nearly as bad as your handicapping. I think it would be great if Al Franken got elected-what, is he going to taint that august body that allowed Ted Stevens to fester there forever?

Alan Mann said...

>>your politics don't suck nearly as bad as your handicapping.

Gee, that's one of the nicest things anyone has said to me in some time, thanks! :)