RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Moron

Yeah, well, I'm a FREAKING moron, I write a post to mention two trainers, both of them win the next day, and did I have either one of them? For heaven's sake. Granted, it takes a lot to get me to bet on a workday. But it surely wouldn't have killed me to at least throw a few bucks on Kimmel's first-timer Non-Compete ($33.60) in the 5th. This barn was five-for-20 with debut runners in maiden claimers, and you can make that six-for-22....as he had another in the 9th which didn't win.

But that race was won by Dominic Galluscio, now a perfect three-for-three at Belmont; a natural hat trick in my book. Not beating myself up as much on that one, as I don't really look at bottom level maiden claimers like that. But still. Galluscio has two on Friday who I'll take a look at. But at this point, one starts to think 'how many can he win in a row?' This has been a solid barn all year at 22%, and after a two-for-32 Saratoga meeting, things figure to even out. And that should be the case for any local barn that was faced with the increased competition upstate.

0 Comments: