RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thursday Night Notes - June 30

- Botanical won his U.S. debut for Godolphin in the feature allowance at Belmont Thursday. He was last seen just a length behind in third to Saratoga County in the Sprint at Dubai. He was 2-5 and check out the chart comment:

BOTANICAL stumbled leaving the gate, was bumped after the start, quickly showed in front, set the pace along the inside while in hand, drew away when asked and cruised home under mild encouragement, winning with speed to spare.
He’s a 4 yo by Seeking the Gold out of a Shadeed mare and a half to several European stakes winners including 2005 Dubai winner Satin Kiss. His time was 1:09.23; he came home in 12.22.

All first time starters in a 2 year old race in the 2nd, and the money showed on the winner, Pletcher’s Stonesider, a Giant’s Causeway colt out of Black Eyed Susan winner Added Gold (Gilded Time).

Keep an eye on Scott Lake, starting to heat up after a dismal start. He teamed with Elbar Coa to take the 5th with Athena Girl. Edgar Prado had three winners.

- Commentator was given a Beyer of 121 for his 7 furlongs in 1:20.23, and Steve Crist writes in the Form (sub/print ed only) that that’s no joke.
Commentator's 121 is the second best Beyer Figure earned by anyone in American racing this year, behind only Ghostzapper's 122 in the Met Mile.

Since 2000, only five horses have run a Beyer higher than 120 in a race at a mile or shorter: Ghostzapper's 122 in the Met equaled Swept Overboard's 2002 Met and 2001 Ancient Title, and Aldebaran's 2003 Forego. Left Bank in the 2002 Tom Fool and Shake You Down in the 2003 Smile both ran 121's.

7 Comments:

Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

I was searching through blogs to see how to create a blog. I like your blog. I was wondering if I should write about suffolk county campground to add to my website.

Thank you,

Lon

Smallman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about laser hair removal in chicago. It pretty much covers laser hair removal in chicago and other similar topics available.

freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a ft lauderdale airport
It deals mostly with ft lauderdale airport plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

The Gold Hunter said...

Any interest in finding GOLD you can't even see at first? Micron gold? Gold in water? gold hunter ? More information gold hunter if not SORRY to bother you! Denis

Anonymous said...

I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have browsing and reading all day -- Very addictive.

I am going to set up a blog for my own site laser hair removal new york city tomorrow! I have a lot to of information to share. The link to read should be
live soon. If you have an interest in laser hair removal new york city I would love to hear what you think of my site :-)

Nosey said...

Horse racing tips for professional lay bettingbetting horse line race

Funclub said...

Nice blog I have one myself great idea horse racing in ireland