RSS Feed for this Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Family Night

- I’m home amidst the chaos of a kids’ weekend. Soon we’ll be off to my dad’s 75th surprise birthday party, so let’s hope he’s not reading this. (He’s not.) (If he is then.....SURPRISE! :-). I’m alive in a parlay with Bayou Breeze (A.P. Indy), who paid a solid $8.60 after defeating 3-5 Sense of Style by a nose at Monmouth, and with Smuggler in the Acorn. She’s 6-1....now 5-1, a fair price indeed. I was at least able to escape to Belmont for a couple of hours. There was no turf racing, a muddy track, and short fields. I know I’m going to pass a race when I see a two horse entry at even money, and then look at the Form and see that they lost their last races, in the same class, by a total of 22 lengths, as in the second (they ran 2nd and 4th). But it was a nice day and a little break before a lot of family. Have a good Saturday night.

0 Comments: