RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Akili Gray

- I feel awful about my last post. Talk about sloppy blogging, jeez. Thanks to Sue over at Post Parade for bringing Akili Gray's tragic death to my attention. It was reported in the Form and the Lone Star blog, and if I had spelled his name correctly on Google I wouldn't have made the careless error. I do spend a lot of time trying to get my facts straight, but at the same time, I admittedly have a kinda casual attitude, figuring that I'm not obligated to maintain professional standards here. On the other hand, I don't want to be unprofessional, and here I feel like a hack and should be more careful when it comes to serious subjects such as this.

Akili Gray was 30, and leaves behind a wife and two children.

1 Comment:

t said...

Good garden, Alan, you're plenty professional. Remember the medium, and the pay. You're in the top percentile of writers in the game, and you do it all without the benefit of the team of copy editors, research assistants, and fact checkers that the likes of Crist and Paulick have.

Even so, you put out a high quality daily column, not just a blog like me and Illman. (I couldn't resist using this example)

So, we'll forgive you just this once.