RSS Feed for this Blog

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pat Kelly Does It Again

- Another double digit winner for Pat Kelly, as Good Card romped in the 4th; and I listened to myself and got on board this time. While I most regrettably missed out on the triple, I had a nice win bet at his 13-1 odds.

Highland Cat is the 2-1 favorite in the 5th at Colonial, dropping back down to 16K NW2. I can't see the race, and no way I'm going into that OTB office today (unless I would have to fund my OTB account, which now thankfully won't be necessary).

Y'know, I just missed getting out at Del Mar yesterday. The bliss of one last perfect day at the beach made it hard to pull myself away; plus the fact that we had the kids firmly in tow on the last day meant that we got there for a manageable last five races. In the 7th, I tried to crush the exacta with 9-1 Wellfastness on top of favored Our Partner. The gambit fell a head short, and my conso saver exacta didn't provide that much consolation, though it covered the girls' losing bets and snacks for the day. While I remains supportive of the Polytrack experiment, I won't miss the surface at Del Mar. It just doesn't seem quite right, even if the sprints at least are playing fairly honestly. Those closing fractions are quite ponderous, and I think they have some work to do.

By the way, if you're trying to decipher the races there, Brad Free does a really good job with his daily analysis in the Form. Problem is that his columns are reproduced in the pocket programs that are given out for free, and his top selections tend to get bet down.

Doug O'Neill had gotten off to a really slow start, but his horses seem sharper now. I'd keep an eye on he and Jeff Mullins at this point.

Second place for Highland Cat...$3,000 winning purse share, and waiting to see if perhaps someone wanted to purchase him.

0 Comments: