RSS Feed for this Blog

Monday, August 22, 2005

Be Back Shortly

- Well, I lied. I said I'd next be reporting from Saratoga, but I'm already back. I tried to blog through it all as some personal family issues came to the forefront immediately upon our return from Saratoga last week, finally coming to an emotional climax as the week ended; any posts I managed during that time was mainly a case of me distracting myself from what was going down.

We were up in Saratoga Friday through Sunday, and it was more therapeutic than anything else. It was an essential getaway and as enjoyable as it could possibly be under the circumstances, and that despite off tracks and off turf, a preponderance of difficult if not downright unbettable races, weather that didn't turn delightful until yesterday, and not a single ticket cashed in three days. I probably bet on about half of the races, and except for being alive in the late double on Saturday, didn't really even come close. Yet in this case, it was, as the jingle goes, all about being there; something that the soul understands amdist the confusion and turmoil of real life. I just couldn't find the time or the energy to write over the weekend, but I'll be back soon with a brief recap of my utter futility over the three days, and then will forge ahead and resume my regularly scheduled programming as soon as I can. As always, thanks so much for reading, and please stay tuned.

0 Comments: