RSS Feed for this Blog

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

- Couldn't maneuver my way to Belmont today, but this is the next best thing. We're hanging out in the backyard on a beautiful day; she's planting and I'm studying the upcoming 4th races at Belmont and Churchill. More importantly, there are no kids in sight, at least for the next few hours. One of the reasons the crowds of the past will never return to the track because the fact is, there's a lot to be said for watching and wagering at home, even though it's the distinct second best choice for me. I have more tracks to choose from than if I was there, and easy computer access to all the odds. Whatsmore, my OTB account is flush with cash after some recent success. There once was a time when Met Mile day was a can't-miss for me and some 40,000 other people every year. Now, a relaxing day at home with the woman I love, a fat simulcast edition Racing Form, TVG, HRTV, the online tote board and no kids in sight, can sometimes be a can't-miss too. Gotta go, a lot of races to come.

0 Comments: