RSS Feed for this Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Morning Notes

Kiaran McLaughlin is another guy winning at an alarming rate at the Big A; with his two winners on Friday, he's now won four in a row over the last three days, and has nine winners from 18 inner track starters, are you kidding me? And I mentioned Pletcher yesterday - with the win by Irving Rules (an overlaid $8.80), he now has 20 winners from 48 starters (42%). You'll note I wrote "alarming" above, which some may feel is an appropriate description given the fact that one of these guys recently returned from a suspension, and the other has just been slapped with one. I'm sure, of course, that there's nothing wrong going on; after all, they are two of the most respected trainers in the game. But you'd think maybe they'd tone it down a bit!

I was hoping to do a little handicapping for today's races, but the Head Chef made me watch The Hangover last night, so I never got around to it. Yeah, it was funny, and very well done. But it wasn't that funny, did you think? And that guy who played Stu kept reminding me of Todd Schrupp.



No, it's just me, right? Anyway, I kept expecting him to look to the camera, get all dramatic, and go, "And now, here it is! The 2009 Golden Globe Award winner for Best Musical or Comedy..."

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Discreet Picks. Are you talking about Jackson Bend ?

Anonymous said...

I read Mike Welsch's article on the Holy Bull. Just guessing. LOL

DiscreetPicks said...

Gulfstream - Race 2

#6 Savemyspotimbeting (4/1 ml)

As mentioned the other day, this Danny Miller colt had been Tahitian Warrior's workout partner for 4 straight drills, the last 3 of which came heads-up. Tahitian Warrior came out of those drills to score a huge win for us on Opening Day, in fact he was so impressive that he was later purchased privately by Godolphin. Also a plus is the fact that Tahitian Warrior was right up on the pace the entire way, so this colt is a good bet to show keen speed here. Comfortably drawn outside here, and looks set to run a good one.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info.

DiscreetPicks said...

Don't thank me just yet, lol.

Btw, here's something else you guys may be interested in. I was passing thru Lucky's Race & Sports Book last night, and i ran across the following prop:

"Which horse will finish better in their first race against each other in 2010?"

Rachel Alexandra -140
Zenyatta +110

DiscreetPicks said...

Savemyspotimbeting wins @ $6.20

Anonymous said...

Nice. Thanks for the pick. Was bet down a little, thanks to you. LOL