RSS Feed for this Blog

Friday, May 04, 2007

Rags to Riches to Wow!

- Rags to Riches was awesome in the Oaks; she blew away that field under a rousing ride by Garrett Gomez, and I'm sure some will wonder what if she had run tomorrow instead. This is one fantastic filly, no doubt. And I for one wouldn't mind seeing the duo of Gomez and Pletcher in the winner's circle once again around 24 hours from now. Octave came in second - again - giving Pletcher the exacta; and I'm one that believes that he has a chance to do so again on Saturday. Hank Goldberg, on ESPN2, said, I believe, that Ben Jones, in 1957, was the last trainer to sweep the Oaks and the Derby.

I was reading one of my posts, and saw that stat about Pletcher being 12-6-2-3 in Grade 1 races with layoffs of 50-60 days, and I think I need to double check that; it doesn't sound right at all. Hang on...

Oh man, I don't know where I got that stat from. It was a late night and early morning... Hang on, I gotta go scratch that out [Live blogging.] That was wrong, ugh. Yet I have this picture in my mind of actually seeing that, and I counted it up from somewhere. Maybe it was Bobby Frankel's stats instead. The correct stat is 12-6-1-0; now you can make it 13-7-1-0. Still pretty impressive, but sorry about that.

And I'll start campaigning for Rags to Riches to run in the Belmont now.

- I don't know if this means anything, but Jeanine Edwards asked J. Paul Reddam which of his two Derby horses, Liquidity and Great Hunter, he thought had the edge, and he said Liquidity. Kenny Mayne apparently likes Great Hunter, and was none too pleased.

Gotta go, time for Game 5.....

2 Comments:

Harl said...

this makes me wanna pound CIRCULAR QUAY tomorrow. the way they went after each other while working in company...

i gotta at least play 'QUAY' in my multi-race and multi-horse wagers.

Anonymous said...

It means J Paul Reddam leaked.