RSS Feed for this Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What To Do Now?

- Now what? We've been dissecting the Derby for months; and now, with the workouts over, and the post position draw the only (possibly) significant event left (we hope!), what are we supposed to do now other than just wait?

Well, I guess it's time for us to actually make up our minds as to how we're going to bet. I've heard from a lot of people who already have. Me? I have an idea, but nothing more than that to be honest. I don't know that I'm going to change my opinions drastically based on the draw, but hell, I could change my mind at 5:15 PM on Saturday if I don't like something I see. I usually make my bets towards the last minute, so why should this be any different?

Anyway, starting this evening, I'll slog my way through the field and make some final comments, and declare who is definitely in, and who I'll be (maybe) standing against. In the meantime, the Racing Form is offering this page which contains results of, comments on, and links to videos of every race run in 2007 that could possibly be considered a prep. That's a great resource right there. In addition, blogger Michael of Curb Your Enthusiasm is lucky enough to be in Chruchill and is reporting from the scene, so check that out.

You can also check out Andy Beyer's chat session at the Form from last night, for whatever that's worth. He doesn't like the horses with non-triple figure Beyers, he doesn't like Pletcher horses, he doesn't like horses related to Giacomo, he doesn't like the way Hard Spun has been managed. Oh, and he doesn't like Curlin, and promises to detail his reasoning in a coming column. Sounds like he's eliminated most of the field, and he doesn't say who he likes.

- Oh, and oh yeah.....



Oh baby!! It's a whole new series!!!!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Renney: This kid Jagr is quite a promising young player.