RSS Feed for this Blog

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Wood Day 2

- It's just a gorgeous day here, so of course it's the one day I'm sitting in a hermetically sealed glass booth. This thing is way up there; and I'm sitting in the front row, just yards before the finish line. Literally, the best seat in the house. I think these regulars take this for granted... Time for more free soda.

- I don't like the 5th at Aqueduct at all, so I'm looking at the 5th from Keeneland. Meredith Bee, the 8-5 ML choice, is making her first start on Poly, and hasn't raced on the grass. It's true that her closing style suits this track, but I'm going to shop for an alternative.

- Just watched the 4th at Keeneland on my computer. I liked Prince Hope, but he was dead on the board so I sat the race out. Evade won the race, but there seemed to be a lot of bumping late. The unofficial winer is by Smoke Glacken, out of Cunning Play, out of Cunning, out of Cunningly.

- Split by the supposedly dead on the board Contessa drop down in the exacta and triple. I think that's the second time already that I've singled out a horse that I don't like and been wrong about it; not a good sign.

- Sorry, Blogger went down for awhile. I wanted to tell you that I like the 7 horse here in the 4th. He's second choice to Levine's horse, and we know how hot he's been. Foose is a Contessa dropdown; 2-1 in the morning line, 4-1 third choice here. He's dead on the board. I'm going to use Life of Dancer on top of Break the Ice and, especially, the nine horse at 7-1.

- Still sitting chilly; I like a horse in the 4th. I'd like to start to get into the other tracks, and have my fat Racing Form all ready. However, there don't seem to be any TVs with out-of-town races on them, and that kinda blows. I'll have to put Keeneland up on my computer.

- The third race is a maiden sprint for NY-breds. and Contessa has the even money favorite thus far with Like a Rose. Her figs lay over the field, but they both came last year; she hasn't started since September. The third and 4th place finishers of her last start came back to win. Jan Rushton is talking about what Contessa said about her workouts, but I can't hear what she said.

Bruce Levine has a first time starter with Main Street. Levine is on a big roll; six winners from his last 10 starters, even including What a Tale, who flamed out as the favorite in the first. He's only two for his last 40 with first-timers....but won with his last, August Moon, a couple of weekends ago.

Karakorum Cheyenne is the second choice at 3-1; her debut, a second place finish at 9-1, came on a sloppy track. The track here has now been upgraded to 'good.'

0 Comments: