RSS Feed for this Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The End of the Gate...

- I wrote about Big Brown's post draw and why I don't think it's a big deal, but I sent it to the Times. Sorry about that, nothing personal of course. Here's a link.

Thanks to all who wrote in about Just Zip It. I was at work, and I called Bob after I saw that Bill Turner won the 4th, and asked him what the odds were of him having two winners on the day. Now, I love Bill Turner, he's a great horsemen, a nice man, and I've never questioned anything he's ever did with any of my Castle Village horses. Or not much, anyway. But facts are facts, and he's not a high perecentage guy these days, and you know I'm a statistical sort.

So Bob is like, yeah, that horse was 30-1, and I was like, what are you talking about? I didn't know that he had won the 5th too. This was getting a little weird now.

But she's a really nice filly and she obviously just loves to run. (And if Bill Turner can win three in a row, does that mean the Rangers can too?) She rated kindly as Precious Too opened up a big lead in quick fractions of 21.3 and 44.1 Once she got going in the stretch, there was no stopping her, and she stopped the clock in 1:09 4/5, a career best as they would announce at the trotters. She hung on by a half length after opening some daylight; she doesn't seem to particularly go beyond six furlongs. She made $30,600 to push her career earnings to $115,000. She's out of state-bred conditions now, so it's stakes-bred stakes or open company allowance races next.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out this rendering of the new Big A.


http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/7282

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/5ppsef

Alan Mann said...

>>Check out this rendering of the new Big A.

Ha ha, that's awesome! Yeah, that's exactly what it will look like, lol.

Michael said...

I read this headline and thought you were shutting down your blog...

Thanks for the link from the NYT blog...

MT