RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Highland Cat Wins!

- And no, this one is NOT a misprint. I owe Richie at Castle Village breakfast at Saratoga. (At least he didn't take me up on my offer to eat the program if he won!)

More when I get to see the replay (no, I did not give up a day's pay to go).

[UPDATE - He was not claimed, and paid $11.60 as the co-second choice. The winner's share of the purse is $6,000, as low as you can go NY. That should hold off another cash call for a couple of months or so..]

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alan! Way to go Highland Cat! Enjoy the thrill.

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed. That's 3 wins for Mr. Turner in 3 racing days at the Big A. I don't think he had 3 wins in the previous 6 months. I sure hope things are turning around for this truly gentle man and nice guy.

Patrick J Patten said...

Hey way to go. I knew you working the old reverse jinx on your horse.

Alan Mann said...

>>I knew you working the old reverse jinx on your horse.

Thanks. I'm such an idiot, lol.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be happy to know I touted everyone who would listen on him at the 38th & Broadway OTB. Fortunately none of the Jamaican's believed me. Guy in a suit and tie.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog.

Been following for a while now and this is my first post.

Congrats on the win and keep on pluggin'.

John from tripcapper.com

t said...

you poo poo'd the bottom level maiden claiming race, but you've got to admit, a W feels pretty damn good, regardless of the company. I only hope to follow in your footsteps, even if at half the price.

Alan Mann said...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Yes Brad, I'll never poo poo again.

Warstone said...

Alan:

Congratulations great win. Now you can try and get him on the grass where he belongs and hopefully keep going strong!!!