RSS Feed for this Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Keeneland's Special

- Keeneland opens for its spring meeting on Friday; if baseball's Opening Day and the coming of the NHL playoffs (with my Rangers' participation not yet assured) doesn't have you thinking 'spring,' the always special boutique meeting in Lexington should do the trick. And speaking of Special, I'm going to be doing a lot of the daily handicapping for the Keeneland Special. Sean Clancy, back from Dubai where he was Blogging for Bloodhorse, is now heading to Lexington, where he'll provide his usual intimate take on the proceedings, while I try not to humiliate myself. So, there will be some days (like today) where posting here will be lighter than usual as I work on my selections. But you'll be able to check out my Keeneland picks on their website, and then come back here to discuss and ridicule. Opening day kicks off with a juvenile race, and the card includes a stakes-quality allowance race with Funny Cide, Spellbinder, Student Council, and others; as well as the G3 Transylvania for three-year olds on the turf, which will feature Sedgefield, second to Hard Spun in the Lane's End.

- Street Sense picked up the pace this morning with a five furlong work in a snappy 58.40 at Churchill Downs.

2 Comments:

Brett said...

I don't think you mind but I'll challenge you on some selections and post them in comment sections of your posts. Then we can find out who the true "handicappers" are around here.

Anonymous said...

Brett -

Sure, bring it on!