RSS Feed for this Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pletcher Team Drills at Keeneland

- Five furlong workouts for three more members of the Toddster's Derby team on Sunday, this after Cowtown Cat's quick work (58.20) on Saturday. Scat Daddy completed his in 1:00.80 and Circular Quay got his in 1:00.20. The training star of the morning however (which included Rags To Riches [1:00.20]), was Any Given Saturday, who zipped the distance in 58.80 seconds, the second fastest of 32 at the distance. (The trainer's High Cotton got the bullet with his 58.20.)

So, you can already see the difference between the preparation for Any Given Saturday for the Derby, as opposed to the Wood, which was used strictly as a prep. He'd had only one work between Tampa Bay and the Wood, that a leisurely breeze in 1:02 1/5. I'd be interested to hear what the boys on The Works would have had to say...... but oh yeah, I don't get The Works anymore. Well, I guess they would have said that it was a nice work.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

No Sunday handicapping?

Anonymous said...

Pletchers' Soaring By is my great hope for a large exotic.
AGS/Hard Spun are my have to use horses.

Shuffle up and deal

Alan Mann said...

>>No Sunday handicapping?

Just got back from the Big A, and I see it was never posted...and I had four winners!

Anonymous said...

Soaring By is going to the Derby?

Anonymous said...

I disgree about the Wood being "strictly a prep" for Any Given Saturday. Remember, he needed the graded earnings just to make it into the Derby field. I think he's rather fortunate to get in after running third that day.

Anonymous said...

I think that Team Todd was fully cognizant of the fact that AGS needed to only get third to qualify, and that he was trained for the race with that in mind (and ridden that way as well for that matter). He'd be close to getting in even if he earned nothing I think....because Slew's Tizzy and Xchanger aren't REALLY going to run, are they? If he couldn't have gotten third in that race even not being fully cranked, then he didn't deserve to go to the Derby.