RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2005

High Limit Favored

Apparently even we know more about High Limit than Bobby Frankel.

Frankel said he knew so little of High Limit that it wasn't until last week that he looked up his past performances and noticed High Limit had led from start to finish in both his races.

"I didn't realize he goes to the lead," Frankel said. [Daily Racing Form]
I’m pretty stunned that he’s been installed as the 5-2 favorite. As intriguing as he may be, he’s beaten no better than a NW1X allowance against 5 rivals at Delaware with a 90 Beyer. Two of these are coming off of 96 Beyers - Sort it Out, whose trainer Bob Baffert said he reversed course following a sharp five-furlong workout Monday at Santa Anita [DRF], and Kansas City Boy, who gets his beloved outside post, has worked brilliantly, and has recently captured the attention of Left at the Gate even though I know virtually nothing about him. Scipion is the other main contender, and he’ll of course need a fast pace and clear path home. This seems like the best Derby prep from a betting standpoint thus far.

- Roman Ruler worked a mile at Santa Anita. [Bloodhorse] Hoping he comes east for the Gotham, but he may instead stay home for the San Felipe the same day, the 19th.

- Here’s Jeff Mullins’ version of what he really said when he called horseplayers idiots.
"He [Simers] said, 'I can't consistently come out and lose my money.' I said, 'If you come out here and consistently lose your money then you're either an addict or an idiot.' He asked if he could print it and I said to go ahead. Because I called him an idiot, he chose to take everyone with him.[Bloodhorse]
Oh, I see, only losing horseplayers are idiots. OK, well that's not too many of us, right?

0 Comments: