RSS Feed for this Blog

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Breakfast at Churchill Downs

- This Breakfast at Churchill Downs show on espn2 is rather worthless, complete with the intolerable feature on some celebrities at some big party. But there was an interview with Edward Sexton, the man who runs Steinbrenner’s Kinsman Farm, and who personally picked out Bellamy Road at Ocala April last year. With the Steinbrenner family under a Boss-imposed gag order (he's superstitious so they say), it’s the only comments I’ve heard from the horse’s interests other than Zito of late. He said it’s a pleasure working for Steinbrenner; I’m sure they get along, since I read yesterday that Sexton fired virtually all the help when he took over at Kinsman. Now it’s the story about Afleet Alex with all the sad stuff, complete with the string music in the background. I think we’ll be seeing this again later today. Oh man, this is starting to get me all teary-eyed....

0 Comments: