RSS Feed for this Blog

Monday, May 23, 2005

Cash is Most Definitely King

- The Cash is King gang is on a roll, and they rolled out $210,000 at the same Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale at which they bought the Preakness champ just over a year ago. They were the high bidder on a Dixieland Band half brother to graded winner Gulch Approval. This is also the same family as Patriot Act (A.P. Indy), a name you may recognize from your hours/day/weeks worth of handicapping the Triple Crown trail, now down to one more race that may seem anti-climactic to some. He appears in the running lines of Bellamy Road and Consolidator (he was 2nd in the G1 Breeders Futurity at Keeneland which the latter won); and Sun King (2nd by a half when Sun King broke his maiden). For one reason or another, he was spared the road to the Triple Crown and if he’s being pointed for a return, he’s most certainly better off than most.

I’m feeling better about my handicapping and with the Head Chef out chef-ing, I could do something stupid like bet on a race from Great Lake Downs this evening. I generally try to limit my wagering least to tracks that I at least know what state they’re in.

0 Comments: