RSS Feed for this Blog

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Derby Morning

- It’s Derby Day. I’m up early with the Racing Form turned to the first at Churchill, and the Kentucky Derby Preview Show on TVG droning on in the background for the second time (today). This is a mistake. There are a ridiculous amount of races today; it’s a wonder that the American betting public still has money left for the most exciting 2 minutes in sports. The way I’ve been going of late, I really need to find a film to go see today. It’s a rainy day in NYC, I have no chance of being able to go to the track, so it’s a perfect day for me to remain pretty much in this position for the rest of the day. However, with only $13.90 remaining in my OTB account, unless I hit this first race at Churchill, I will have to go out to replenish my account, as I’m not set up to replenish by phone. It’s a pretty interesting allowance race, and the morning line favorite won his last in the Keeneland slop by 25 lengths and looks vulnerable... So I’ll probably do a little posting today. There are other stakes at Churchill of course, that I haven’t looked at including a 2yo stakes race, the 100K Juvenile; so thus, the road to the 2006 Kentucky Derby begins...

More on Tom Amoss' remarks on Afleet Alex; I just caught something he said elsewhere in the program: "In my mind, we're seeing just a little different horse in the last couple of days than we'd seen last week. I think he's starting to go the wrong way." Amoss doesn't like Bellamy Road either, predicting a lot of early pressure. "I believe he'll crumble." These guys are for Bandini.

0 Comments: