- You can see all the pre-entries for the Breeders Cup here, courtesy of the Daily Racing Form.
A few notes:
- Discreet Cat is pre-entered in the Classic, but don't get excited, it's just a tease.
"It's insurance in case something should happen between now and when they take entries [on November 1].You might want to think about leaving soon in order to get parking to see him run at the Big A.
"As long as Bernardini is running, we're still planning on running Discreet Cat in the Cigar Mile [Handicap (G1) on November 25 at Aqueduct.]" [Thoroughbred Times]
- Ouija Board has not been cross-entered and will go in the F&M Turf.
- Gorella is cross-entered in the Mile and the F&M Turf, but has first preference for the former, and I think that's really cool. Honey Ryder has been cross-entered in the F&M Turf and, interestingly, in the Turf, though she also has first preference for the filly and mare race. She's one of just 12 pre-entries for the Turf.
- Flower Alley is 15th out of the 14 permitted to start in the Classic, but is virtually assured a spot considering the status of Discreet Cat (a fact entirely lost on the writer of this article). He worked a bullet 1:13 2/5 at Churchill the other day. With enigmatic entries like Brother Derek, Giacomo, Lawyer Ron, and the Euro entries David Junior and George Washington set to go, this would be a fascinating betting race if Bernardini wasn't in it. I'll be spending much of the next ten days deciding whether it's worth betting against him. You never know, right?
- The Juvenile Fillies attracted 24 entries, and why not? That division is as wide open as it's ever been, and if there's a line on which race will produce the highest priced winner (Walter?), this race has gotta be the favorite.
- Asi Siempre is cross-entered in the Distaff and the F&M Turf, but has first preference for the dirt race.
- The Sprint is just loaded, man, and two fillies, Dubai Escapade and Malibu Mint, are amongst those pre-entered. The common wisdom in this race is that Henny Hughes is going to get cooked, fried, and baked in a speed duel, but my early impression is that he could fool a lot of people, and may even be a fair price.