- Preakness runner-up Macho Again is prepping for the Belmont at Churchill, and worked a half in 48 1/5. Dallas Stewart said: "We opened him up a little, and I liked the way he finished. He came home in 11 (seconds)." [NY Post] This is the horse that busted up my triples in the Preakness. I'd seen an online video before the race in which Stewart was extremely confident, raving that the horse was doing fantastic. But it was just basic KISS handicapping that dictated his elimination - two poor efforts in his only two two-turn tries.
Macho Again did finish well though he didn't beat too much in picking up the pieces as we know,. I'm still not convinced that we won't be seeing him in races like the King's Bishop rather than the Travers down the road. However, I suppose that I'm not going to let him beat me again, especially if the trainer remains satisfied.
- Kent Desormeaux throws out the first pitch at the nationally televised Mets-Dodgers game at Shea Stadium on Sunday night.
- Two more winners at Belmont on Friday for Barclay Tagg, including the appropriately named Steamroller. Tagg has 13 winners from 34 runners; that's 38%.
- Headline of the day, from today's print edition of the New York Times:
Arizona Group to Sue Paterson on Gay-Marriage Order.No, you can't make that stuff up.
An argument that the governor is stepping outside his purview.
- They're calling for some strong storms here today, but it was a lovely evening out at the South Street Seaport last night.
The scene at the concert looking up.
The scene looking down. (Please indulge me as I play with my newly discovered IPhoto program.
New Zealand's Die! Die! Die! and one annoying head. There's always at least one head at all of these shows.