RSS Feed for this Blog

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Tale of Rap Tale

- Second place for Victory for M'Lady, as Pletcher's filly wins handily at even money (exacta returned ten bucks). But check this out: my buddy Bob and his Kasey K stable won a five way shake to claim the winner! Interest in Rap Tale was initiated by Bruce Brown, who handles his training chores in New York; and no, I didn't know this when I picked the other horse this morning.

Bob is awaiting word of the post-race exam, but there were obviously a lot of other horsemen who thought she was OK, dropping into claimers for owner Edward P. Evans. This horse is exactly why I love fillies - she has tremendous breeding, and would seem to have residual broodmare value even if things don't work out. By Tale of the Cat, she's out of a Pleasant Tap mare who's a half-sister to graded winners No Review and Dance Colony. She also traces directly to Goofed, her 4th dam, who is the dam of Lyphard; and this is the distaff family of Flower Alley, Suave, and Urbane. So some solid bloodlines here. I told Bob that I think she should be racing around two turns; that was actually the reason why I thought she was worth a bet-against today. He told me that Brown said the same thing.

Also, Primal Peak is entered in a PA-bred, seven furlong stakes race worth $75,000 at Philly Park on Saturday; he definitely looks like a prime contender. I'm hoping to get down there for the race, so, if you're in the LATG Philly contingent, please let me know if you're going to be around.

And Ex-LATG'er Highland Cat is entered, on the dirt, in the first at Penn National on Thursday night.

1 Comment:

Superfecta said...

Argh! Another one I'm missing. Good luck at the PHA!