RSS Feed for this Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Elegant Not!

- A new post up at the Breeders' Cup blog now.

- The Toddster took the second with Sunday Elegance, and I wouldn't necessarily attribute his dominant front-running win to a speed bias. Johnny V. did his thing nursing him on the lead, and he just poured it on to win by daylight. He was just cruising, as much the best. She's a daughter of Sunday Silence out of an Unbridled's Song mare making her first start two-turns dirt. Dan Loiselle from Woodbine was at the mike.

- The rain has picked up, and the track is sloppy, damn. That's a blow to my betting plans today. Since I finished my Breeders' Cup post for the day this morning, I have some time for action today. But once the track turns sealed, I tend to check out. I just don't like playing when the track is sloppy, though I'll have to do the best I can should that be the case on Saturday.

The weather outlook is not good. It's supposed to clear out seriously Saturday night into Sunday, so we just gotta hope that it does so earlier than they expect.

Aqueduct is sloppy too, so I think I'll go buy a Form and check out Keeneland.

0 Comments: